Auto Insurance Glossary & FAQ | Accurate Auto Insurance

Frequently Asked Questions

How long will it take to obtain rates?

It takes about 1 minute to complete the application. At the end of the process, you'll get the lowest rates, selected from about two dozen licensed auto insurance companies. We do all the legwork, saving you time. You no longer have to visit multiple websites or call multiple agents and answer the same questions each time.

To ensure the most accurate rates, we recommend entering the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) for all vehicles. This information is not required to get rates, but is recommended for accuracy.

Remember, you can buy directly from us, either online or over the phone with one of our in-house, licensed agents. Your new policy can start as soon as you secure your payment online and we will even email you your insurance ID cards and documents in seconds! Plus you don't have to wait for your current policy to expire to buy a new one.

Your email address acts as your username so you can securely return to your quote at a later time. If you do not have an email address, you can obtain a free email account through Yahoo ( or MSN ( Your information is kept confidential and will never be sold or distributed!

You can return to at any time, using your email address and password to login and retrieve your quote information. For your convenience, your details are being saved and updated each time you click on continue. Your information is kept confidential and will never be sold or distributed!

The lowest rate possible! We are an independent licensed auto insurance agent. We work with about two dozen licensed auto insurance companies to bring you the lowest rate possible, actual real rates, not just estimates — each is based upon the information you provide. Its like shopping at two dozen different websites at the same time, except we do all the hard work for you!

Any driver who has tickets, convictions or accidents for driving under the influence (DUI) of alcohol could be seen by insurance companies as a high risk driver. Also being classified as high risk drivers includes young and inexperienced drivers and those with “sports” or “modified” cars.

An SR-22 is not insurance. It is a document confirming that the driver has an active insurance policy that meets State liability requirements. An SR-22 is needed by a driver who was involved in an accident or convicted of a traffic offense and was unable to pay for the damages they caused.

Reasons an SR-22 is Required:
- DUI or DWI
- Driving without insurance
- Too many tickets
- Revoked or suspended license

This type of policy is required by the States of Illinois and Indiana to reinstate your drivers license. To reactive your drivers license, you need to purchase at least a minimum liability insurance auto policy through Accurate Auto Insurance.

Bodily Injury Liability Provides protection if you injure or kill someone while operating your car. It also provides for a legal defense if another party in the accident files a lawsuit against you. In the event of a serious accident, you want enough insurance to cover a judgment against you in a lawsuit, without jeopardizing your personal assets. Bodily injury liability covers injury to people, not your vehicle. Therefore it’s a good idea to have the same level of coverage for all of your cars.

Medical Payments, No-Fault or Personal Injury Protection Usually pays for the medical expenses of the injured driver and passengers in your car. There may also be coverage if you are injured by a vehicle as a pedestrian.

Uninsured Motorists Coverage Pays for your injuries caused by an uninsured driver or, in some states, a hit-and-run driver, in a crash that is not your fault. In some states there is also uninsured motorist coverage for damage to your vehicle. Given the large number of uninsured motorists, this is very important coverage to have, even in states with no-fault insurance.

Comprehensive Physical Damage Coverage Pays for losses resulting from incidents other than collision. For example, comprehensive insurance covers damage to your car if it is stolen; or damaged by flood, fire or animals. To keep your premiums low, select as high a deductible as you feel comfortable paying out of pocket.

Collision Coverage Pays for damage to your car when your car hits, or is hit by, another vehicle or other object. To keep your premiums low, select as large a deductible as you feel comfortable paying out of pocket. For older cars, consider dropping this coverage, since coverage is normally limited to the cash value of your car.

Property Damage Liability Protects you if your car damages someone else’s property. It also provides you with legal defense if another party files a lawsuit against you. It is a good idea to purchase enough of this insurance to cover the amount of damage your car might do to another vehicle or object.

Rental Reimbursement Coverage pays for a rental vehicle (usually up to $25 a day) when the insured’s vehicle is out of commission as a result of a loss covered under comprehensive or collision coverages. You may add rental coverage to your policy by calling our office during normal business hours.

To be insured on a policy, vehicles must be titled or leased, and registered to the policyholder or spouse..