If you live in or near Indianapolis and you’re searching for cheap motorcycle insurance coverage, the representatives at Accurate Auto Insurance can help. Since 1992, we’ve been helping drivers get the coverage they need to stay safe on the roads and protect their vehicles.
In 2021, it was estimated that over 200,000 motorcycles were registered in the state of Indiana. If you’re one of the many motorcyclists living in Indianapolis, you need insurance to ride legally.
At Accurate Auto Insurance, we help both new and experienced riders get quality insurance they can afford.
Fast Motorcycle Insurance Quotes
Accurate Auto Insurance provides customers with instant quotes for motorcycle insurance in Indianapolis. If you’re looking for cheap rates and dependable coverage, we’ll find the best plan options for you to choose from.
Is Motorcycle Insurance Required for Indiana Riders?
Yes, motorcycle insurance is required in the state of Indiana. You need to acquire insurance coverage before registering your bike, as well.
If you ride without insurance, you could face many legal fines and penalties, including license suspension. Additionally, if you’re involved in an accident, you’ll have to pay for the resulting medical bills, property damage, motorcycle repairs, and other expenses entirely out-of-pocket.
Why Motorcycle Insurance is Important
If you ride a motorcycle in Indianapolis, the right insurance plan can protect you and other drivers on the road. Unexpected accidents occur every day. Motorcycle accidents often result in serious injuries and hefty medical expenses. In 2020, there were nearly 2,000 individuals injured in Indiana in motorcycle‐related crashes.
Without insurance coverage, you risk having to pay out-of-pocket for the high costs of an accident. Accurate Auto Insurance helps riders find reliable motorcycle insurance at rates they can afford. Contact us today to get an instant quote, and protect yourself and your future every time you hit the road.
Types of Motorcycle Insurance
There are various types of motorcycle insurance plans available. No matter what your preferences are, you can find a plan that provides the coverage you need. Some of these plans include the following:
- Comprehensive Coverage – Covers damage to your motorcycle caused by non-collision related occurrences (e.g. weather, vandalism, theft).
- Collision Coverage – Covers costs for repairs if your motorcycle is damaged during a collision with another vehicle or object.
- Medical Payments Coverage – Covers yours and any of your passengers’ medical bills after an accident.
- Classic Motorcycle Insurance – Covers vintage and “classic” bikes.
- Underinsured/Uninsured Motorist Coverage – Covers costs that should be paid by another motorist’s insurance, but aren’t because their policy doesn’t cover them.
- Property Damage Liability Coverage – Covers costs of damage caused to another’s property when you’re liable for an accident.
- Bodily Injury Liability Coverage – Covers medical expenses and loss of income for the other injured party when you’re liable for an accident.
There are also optional add-ons you can apply to your policy, such as roadside assistance or custom equipment coverage. To find out more about your motorcycle coverage options in Indianapolis, contact us at Accurate Auto Insurance.
Minimum Motorcycle Insurance Requirements in Indiana
The minimum requirements for motorcycle insurance coverage in Indiana are as follows:
- $25,000 in bodily injury liability per person
- $50,000 in total bodily injury liability per accident
- $25,000 in property damage liability per accident
The insurance requirements listed above are typically referred to as 25/50/25 liability insurance. If you opt for this type of policy, your rates will be lower than if you choose a comprehensive plan. However, minimum insurance coverage is often less than what most riders want in order to protect themselves and their bikes.
If you are considered a high risk driver in Indiana, you may be required to carry SR22 insurance. SR22 is a certificate that proves you currently have the minimum liability coverage required to legally drive your motor vehicle. If you need affordable SR22 insurance in Indiana, contact the team at Accurate Auto Insurance today.
Contact Us for Indianapolis Motorcycle Insurance Quotes
If you ride a motorcycle in Indianapolis, IN, contact Accurate Auto Insurance. Our representatives will help you find an insurance policy that fits your needs at the cheapest rates available.
Contact us online or call (800) 999-1034 today to get an instant insurance quote.